Geschmiedete Titanlegierung große Messer

Mecha

Mitglied
Hallo alle,

Hier ist ein schlanker und ordentlicher großer Messer, ein interessanter deutscher Schwert. Dieses Beispiel ist ungefähr 36 "in der Gesamtlänge, mit einer geschmiedeten Beta-Titan-Legierungsklinge gerade schüchtern von 28", Legierung 89.5Ti 10Nb 0.5Fe. Der Kreuzschutz ist geschmiedet 6al4vELI Titanlegierung und ist knapp über 6 "lang (für Größenreferenz).

Obwohl es seine Mängel hat, ist das Gleichgewicht und das Gefühl vor Ort und ganz animiert. Dieses federnde, lebendige Schwert ist sehr scharf. :] Der Ausgleichspunkt ist etwa 3 "vor dem unzerstörbaren Kreuzschutz. Pommel ist Silikonbronze. Grip ist Neopren, Nylon und Leder.

Bonus: Neben der Verwendung eines Namens, der auf Englisch bedeutet, "macht ein Brutto-Chaos", macht mir dieses Schwert erlaubt, den urkomischen Riesen-Deutschen zu benutzen. "B. Große Messer. Große, Große, verdammt, das macht Spaß:

Genießen!

YOyW8CN.jpg

YoW9Yam.jpg

ZVrAejI.jpg

xKVQzGr.jpg

rR6eMrI.jpg

6p5oziL.jpg

Thanks for looking. :]

One more thing to add: For those interested, here is a recent video showing a machete being made form the same alloy as the sword, above, and using the same techniques.

Hello Mecha
welcome to the german messerforum. You can post your text in english language, this google-translation is hard to read:)

Cool shape and good work, this little knife looks very good. A little bit exotic and unusual material for a sword:staun:

regards
alex

Hi Mecha, this looks like a beautiful blade and nicely done hilt. However what bugs me is that this is not a Messer, its more akin to early Sabres or Falchions. The reason for this is the Hilt construction you have is wrong for a Messer, let me explain, the characteristic feature of a Messer is the Hilt construction being 2 Scales on a flat Fulltang secured by rivets and the Nagel sticking out of the crossguard. What you have is a nicely done Swordhilt which in all due technicality doesnt make it a Messer.
The Messer was "invented" because non aristocratic Germans were not allowed to wear Swords so they cirumvented the Problem by using a single edged blade and using a different Hilt construction from the very characteristic way a Swordhilt is made.

So there ya go its certainly a beautiful piece and the point of balance sounds good aswell, quite an unusual blade material, i hope you have alot of fun with it :steirer:

Re: AW: Geschmiedete Titanlegierung große Messer

Hello Mecha
welcome to the german messerforum. You can post your text in english language, this google-translation is hard to read:)

Cool shape and good work, this little knife looks very good. A little bit exotic and unusual material for a sword:staun:

regards
alex

Thanks, Alex. I'll use English in the future. I wish I could speak German, the sound of it is so interesting and beautiful. :)

The alloy is exotic even for the titanium sphere, a one-off made for a special project for Boeing in the '90s. I'm using the leftover bar stock for swords for many reasons. Several of the titanium alloys work wonderfully for a large blade.

Re: AW: Geschmiedete Titanlegierung große Messer

Hi Mecha, this looks like a beautiful blade and nicely done hilt. However what bugs me is that this is not a Messer, its more akin to early Sabres or Falchions. The reason for this is the Hilt construction you have is wrong for a Messer, let me explain, the characteristic feature of a Messer is the Hilt construction being 2 Scales on a flat Fulltang secured by rivets and the Nagel sticking out of the crossguard. What you have is a nicely done Swordhilt which in all due technicality doesnt make it a Messer.
The Messer was "invented" because non aristocratic Germans were not allowed to wear Swords so they cirumvented the Problem by using a single edged blade and using a different Hilt construction from the very characteristic way a Swordhilt is made.

So there ya go its certainly a beautiful piece and the point of balance sounds good aswell, quite an unusual blade material, i hope you have alot of fun with it :steirer:

Thank you for the info, good sir. Quite interesting how the grosse messer came to be; it sheds light on the idea of a "big knife" sword and why it was invented! In the future I will refer to the blade properly. The fellow who this one was made for pointed out right away that the grosse messer hilt was different, and that this one was more like a falchion, but he thought that the full hilt would be just fine. It's hard to deviate from my normal style of doing things, so the sword is like one of my normal ones but with a blade shape patterned or inspired by the grosse messer.

Here is a photo of this blade before heat-treatment, so you can see how the tang is shaped:

xra28AV.jpg

Last edited:
Back