Puma 4-Star #715 Elfenbein Micarta (1988)

SERE

Mitglied
1c5d383c.jpg

Even though my German writing is not good enough I like to share this fine piece of craftmanship from the old days with you all. Recently I purchased this mint Puma lock-back folding knife. It is made in 1988, the Puma Solingen glory days. The 4-Star Series offered several scale and bolster variants. This Micarta version is seen much less than the more regular #705 Jacaranda and the #725 Black Hardwood scales. All 4-Star models are made with the special Puma Super Keen Cutting Steel. A steel type Puma developed them selves. This #715 has a mirror polished blade while the other two have a satin finished blade.

I hope you'll enjoy the pics.

db6a300c.jpg

d3e902a7.jpg

• Blade lenght: 7 cm
• Blade thickness: 3 mm
• Mirror Polished
• Closed lenght: 10,5 cm
• Scales: Elfenbein-Micarta
• Bolsters: Brass
• Liners: Brass / Black(?)
• Weight: 142 gram

e87c946b.jpg

f4d1c211.jpg

c3e41830.jpg

a132e11a.jpg

b6a88585.jpg

Group shot of my #725, #705 and #715 4-Star Puma's.

0b405d4f.jpg

Thanks for watching,
Cheers Wouter...

cut

Premium Mitglied
... All 4-Star models are made with the special Puma Super Keen Cutting Steel. A steel type Puma developed them selves. ...
[/COLOR][/FONT]

ha ha ha ... Puma ordered all blade blanks from Solingen located die forgeries, using standard pattern steel raw material from their stocks.
Puma never had a research department nor could that cutler "develop" new steel material.
The term "Super Keen Cutting Steel" was used for promotional purpose - anyway without any doubt it was a GOOD Puma story.

Here you will see 1982 model, which was altered/customized by Puma for a sales representative as # 715 pattern sample:

Puma4star715.jpg

cut

SERE

Mitglied
Good explination on the steel type cut!

Wrangler; that's is also a true beauty with horn scales. I have not seen it before. Must be from the mid '90.