hideawayknife.com und SV-Messer

Herzlich willkommen im Forum, Talon !

Eines der besten Nummer 1 Posts, das ich bis jetzt gelesen hab :D

aermeldolch.com is sgians website about how to defend yourself from knife attacks. The word means "sleeve dagger" (or, in scottish, sgian achlais, hence his nickname -you`ve probably recognized the avatar from the other forum). It is probably too much to read if you don`t speak german, but in case you know somebody who speaks some german then make him translate it for you, especially the part about covert/assassin knife attacks. Extremely useful in any kind of brawl, especially for police officers. Probably the best article on this topic in the web, I think.
Herzlichen Dank, Nidan - da fühlt man sich doch gleich wohl hier ;-)

MfG Talon

Irgendwie ist mein erstes Posting auf mysterieöse Weise verschwunden...:glgl: Macht aber nichts, wenn ich den Talon auf dem Ersten Knockoutforum Treffen sehe, gibts einen Klaps auf den Popo:haemisch:

Now Herr Talon, don't you pick on banbai bany or sgian. They are my buddies !!

Yeah! Remember this Lady is Armed and Dangerouse.:super:

@Front Sight
Does this Pocket Protection work well? I think you maybe get Problems if you want do Draw it very Quick and Miss to Catch the Trouser. Maybe you should use some Paracord du wrap around on one of your "Belt-Loops". When you missed to Hook in the Trouser you can still put it out.

Greets Bany

Gutentag,

Bany - 4 people have received the Pocket Protection sheath, and feedback has been very good. Here is one person's feedback:

I got the HideAway in yesterday and I'm very impressed with it. Please pass on my compliments to Mike Yurco for his truly impressive finish work. His Pocket Protectoin sheath design is both innovative and useful (I'm still getting a hang of the draw angle but it's not a problem at all to employ the blade.). The blade is small but it feels alive in the hand. I'm looking forward to getting the DVD and seeing what SouthNarc has come up with for its use. And thank you for rushing it to me (not too mention designing a wonderful blade). Deployment for me is pretty quick from Dockers-style pants and jeans are fairly quick, too.

I'd say that I'm getting 1 second draws from the former (with my hand starting from outside the pocket) and slightly over 1 second with jeans (maybe 1.2 to 1.4 seconds). From around the neck, I can get somewhere around 2.1 seconds reaching through the neck of a t-shirt and the same as jeans if it's a button-down. I haven't cut myself or my clothing, yet (Did I mention that I liked the band-aid and LifeSaver included with the knife?).

I can draw it without looking at the sheath. In fact, I find it easier to index from neck carry or in the pocket than the Emerson LeGriffe.

To everyone:

I just pushed a lot of new content to my website at http://www.hideawayknife.com/main.php New topics are:

- Skins
- Sheaths
- Training
- A Cut Above
- What's New?

The "What's New" section discusses the German HideAway, code-named "Stachel" (danke bany!)

FrontSight

Hi Front Sight!

Pretty nice Stuff! I like this Knife more every secound i spend watching it:haemisch: I am in love with those multiply Carring Methodes of the Hideaway. I am sure i have to get one...Just witch one should i choose:glgl: Witch one is used in the Traing DVD? Witch one did S´narc Choose??

The "What's New" section discusses the German HideAway, code-named "Stachel" (danke bany!)

Cool what did i Win?:hehe:

Grüße aus Österreich
Bany:super:

Last edited:
Original geschrieben von BanzaiBany
I am in love with those multiply Carring Methodes of the Hideaway. I am sure i have to get one...Just witch one should i choose:glgl:
Gutentag,

Bany, I asked current owners about speed of draw. These were their answers:

Belt sheath: .8 - 1.5 seconds
Neck sheath: 1 - 3 seconds
Pocket protection: 2 - 3 seconds

Not a big difference. What is more important = what is comfortable to you. The neck sheath is the default sheath and comes with all orders. So you just need to figure out what other sheath.

Bany, the HideAway Stachel on the belt might be very interesting. Probably any men's belt is wider than the Stachel. And the Stachel is so narrow that many James Bond carry methods are possible.

Witch one is used in the Traing DVD? Witch one did S´narc Choose??
SouthNarc shows all forms of carry. The one he ordered was the belt carry. However (this is important) we just had a long discussion over exactly how I wanted my HideAway oriented on the belt. I told him I felt the best orientation has the capsule hole *almost* vertical. So that when your fingers move to your waist to draw, the capsule is already in the correct orientation to receive your fingers. He agreed. He had his belt sheath oriented differently because of all the police gear he also carries. But for non-police like us, the better orientation is diferent. However, all my pictures on my website are for how he carries. I need to get a different one made for me to show this.

Cool what did i Win?:hehe:
Only if you promise to be surprised (you brat!) when you actually receive it: A very cool, red anodized trainer.

fc870df7.jpg

This is how they look *before* they get anodized. It is also an example of how "size matters". The pair of trainers at the bottom are for a husband and wife.

fcbd967d.jpg

FrontSight

OK, my Entschuldigung:

I tried to correct a mispelling but instead re-posted the same thing.

To edit the same post to make a correction, I click, "andern" ?

FrontSight

Hi Frontsight,

welcome from me, too.

Just click "ändern", and you can edit the text (or, in this case, replace it with the phrase "bitte loeschen" (= "please delete") , and I bet it will last only a few minutes until one of our Mods will delete the doubled posts. You can´t delete posts by yourself.

Last edited:
Hi Front Sight

The neck sheath is the default sheath and comes with all orders. So you just need to figure out what other sheath.

Of course i order a Belt Sheath, maybe a Pocket Protection too..:hehe:

Bany, the HideAway Stachel on the belt might be very interesting. Probably any men's belt is wider than the Stachel. And the Stachel is so narrow that many James Bond carry methods are possible.

For me i can legaly Carry each Hideaway. I live in Austria not in Germany not that stupid Weapon Law at all. I dont know at the moment i switch between A Straight or a Hybrid or a Cruvy:steirer:

Only if you promise to be surprised (you brat!) when you actually receive it: A very cool, red anodized trainer

Suprised hits it exactly :staun: It was usally a Joke...I never Win nothing (oh sorry thats not true i won a Frisbee when i was 4 years old:cool: )

The more i spend watching the Pocket Protection the more i like it. I will get one too. So what else could i need..( I like Shopping:super: )

Greetings from Austria,
Bany

Update...

Gutentag!

Fresh from the water jet machine and the surface grinder, here is the *prototype* German HideAway (Stachel):

fbfc05b7.jpg

fbfc05b8.jpg

Men's and women's version (5 sizes ranges were cut). Blade length = exactly 1.75" or 4.4 centimeters.
fbfc05b9.jpg

FrontSight

Hello Frontsight. Why don't you call the german Knife "Manstopper" or something like that? It represents the primary use of the Knife. And I think it sounds cool and the german pronouncing is the same...

MfG
Neutralizer

Last edited:
Neutralizer:
In general knives don't have a manstopping effect. Therefore "Manstopper" would promise something unreal.

Hi Schottendolch,

ich weiß, dass Messer eigentlich keinen "Mannstoppenden" Effekt haben, welcher vergleichbar wäre mit einer Kugel aus einer Schusswaffe. Bedenke jedoch, dass die Funktion dieser Messer sein soll, dass der Angreifer gestoppt und von seinem Angriff abgebracht werden soll...
Man stoppt also den Mann...Mannstopper eben. Ist ein wenig weit hergeholt, aber eigentlich stimmt es.
Außerdem klingt der Name doch ganz gut oder wie siehst du das?

PD: Du weißt so gut wie ich, welche Wirkung ein Messer haben kann, wenn es von kundiger Hand geführt wird. Außerdem kommt es darauf an, ob das Teil einen Wellenschliff hat oder nicht, was seine Wirkung ja auch verändert. Aber das wollen wir hier nicht weiter ausführen, denn im Grunde genommen, wissen wir alle, was die Teile anrichten. Ich habe es am eigenen Leib zu spüren bekommen...
Ja, die Dinger sind mannstoppend

Neutralizer

Last edited:
Okay, warten wir also auf die Auslieferung des ersten Exemplars in den deutschsprachigen Raum.

Meins ist da!

So, das dürfte nun das erste Hideaway in Deutschland sein. Gestern habe ich es bekommen. Gab keine Probleme mit dem Zoll, der Griff steht ja auch nicht im 90° Winkel zur Klinge. Er ist nur ein bißchen mehr gewinkelt als beim LaGriffe.
Fit und Finish sind Extraklasse. Meines Erachtens ist es das beste Backup knife, das z Zt. erhältlich ist.

Giebt es einen händler, über den man so ein Teil in D beziehen kann?
Weil irgendwie möcht ich nich so gern in den USA ordern.
Was hast du den eigentlich einschließlich Zoll und Versand
bezahlt?

Richard:haemisch:

Nein, man kann es über keinen deutschen Händler beziehen. Die Hideaways sind wirklich custom-made, d.h. sie sind speziell für den Umfang deiner Finger hergestellt, daher führt kein weg daran vorbei sie direkt bei hideawayknife.com zu ordern. Zoll habe ich 15 Euro bezahlt.

Thanks gryphon.

Gutentag,

gryphon that is a beautiful picture.

2 new sheathing options have been built recently and I have made many website additions, including a F.A.Q - Frequently Asked Questions which is here: http://www.hideawayknife.com/faq.php

Here are pictures of the 2 new sheathing options.

1)With a ID badge
HAKholder2.jpg

2)With a bra attachment.
brasheath.jpg

I know you men might not appreciate that one, but consider your partners! The clip could also be attached in different ways for inside of your coat.

Blawkhawk, I've thought about collaborating with a German knifemaker and sending him the properly sized S30V blanks for German orders. The difficulty would be in the sheathing. The sheaths have to be made very precisely by someone very skilled to prevent the need to put Kydex into the capsule hole. It is difficult to find someone skilled at both knifemaking and sheathing.

FrontSight

It is a bad , mad and sick world, full of bad, mad and sick people.
Better be prepard, but take care of the god of them.
Many should be dead and many more other should live, if you can not bring the dead to live you should not try to bring the living to dead.

Es ist eine schlechte, kranke verrückte Welt, voller schlechter,kranker verrückter Menschen. Es ist besser vorbereitet zu sein, aber pass auf die Guten auf.
Viele haben den Tod verdient und viele Tote sollten Leben.
Wer die Toten nicht wecken kann sollte auch nicht versuchen die Lebenden zu töten.

Aber trotzen mal eine schone Idee eine Klinge mit einem besonderen Griff zu verbinden. Als Kartonschneider, Seiltrenner oder als Skinner
für alle Aufgaben wo Fingernägel alleine nicht stark genug sind.

Back