Aloha ALL! RE: Sub 2" locking blades?

Daywalker

Mitglied
Aloha everyone!

Long time no see, and I hope you all have been well.

I know this may seem off topic, or posted in the wrong place...but not necessarily so. It deals with one of my older designs.

What country is it that CAN have a blade of 2" or below on a folder that LOCKS and anything over that must be a slipjoint? Was it the Swiss guys that got screwed with that particular law?:confused:

Now for you guys...In Germany, ANY folder regardless of size that CAN be opened one handed MUST be a non-locking folder? At the same time, a TWO HANDED OPENING folder is permitted to have a locking blade???

Sorry if these questions sounded/are stoopid...:argw:

Mahalo for your help guys and God bless!
Chad:irre:
www.clbdesign.info

Well, these types of knifes (one-handed locking, everything above 12 cm) are not forbidden ... if you have an appropriate cause to carry them or use them for tradition or duty (e.g. emergency services). So you still can carry all of them and hope the officer controlling you says "OK, you have that cause." The judges haven't given any example for what they understand in appropriate.:argw:
To not get in conflict to that we had to change our EDCs to e.g. fixed that are not as social-adequate as a small folder, which, in my case, lead to some strange faces.

Now for you guys...In Germany, ANY folder regardless of size that CAN be opened one handed MUST be a non-locking folder? At the same time, a TWO HANDED OPENING folder is permitted to have a locking blade???

Not necessarily. Locking folders are under no restriction at home. They are restricted to be carried outside, except the are carried for legal purposes.

Whatever this may be in real live.

Do some more small edc - fixed blades!:D

Aloha
as posted above the knives are not forbidden,
but you are not allowed to carry without a "legal reason".

To stay save with the new law you can carry:
*All fixed blade <12cm blade
*All onehand-openers without a lock
*All twohand-openers with/without lock from 1" to xxfeet :D

the knife schoud not be designed as a "weapon" .

Chad, just do a fixed version of your Lava design, and we´ll be fine :irre: Your little Spyder is hell of a knife!

Woz

PS: Switzerland changed knife-related law and turned to be more liberal.

Hi Chad,

I'd also vote for the fixed blades. Something 4"ish with a CLB-twist to it would certainly fit the bill. :super:

Ookami

Vielen Dank everyone!:hehe:

I appreciate all the help, and requests for CLB FB's.;)

Reason I asked is because one of Trance Variants has a small blade for legal purposes in most jurisdictions, as well as for being "urban friendly". However, the handle length is the same allowing more leverage than my WHARCOM per se...

Sal Glesser's son, Eric, had this concept of "long handle, short blade" in the form of his Dodo. I had this concept in the mid' 1990's...NOW, I kinda thrashed one of my Trance folders to make it "real".

Granted the blade shape is not as I designed it, but it will do for the sake of concept. Studs are removable so this would be Germany Legal no matter what, right? :steirer: Flipper removed to avoid "one hand opening"...

Some pics of what I call, the "WHART"...

WAIT...lemme get some permission from CFD before I post 'em...:hehe:

Mahalo much all, God bless, and gute nacht!:steirer:
Chad
www.clbdesign.info
:ahaa:

Hi Chad! I'm really looking forward to this new folder of yours...but wait? As long as it doesn't take two weeks it's fine with me!:D

Take care and God bless,
Carsten

Chad, just do a fixed version of your Lava design, and we´ll be fine :irre: Your little Spyder is hell of a knife!

Woz

PS: Switzerland changed knife-related law and turned to be more liberal.

Aloha Woz,

Can you elaborate further please? I thought they could not have any locking blade over 2"? That changed?

Anyway, MAHALO MUCH everyone for your help!!!

God bless and thanks again!!!
Chad
www.clbdesign.info:ahaa:

Back