J.A.Henckels single blade lockback folder

kwakster

Mitglied
Latest find is this old J.A.Henckels single blade lockback folder with stag handle.
My guess would be early 20th century.

Hello,
Great knife with really beautiful stag scales.:super: Unfortunately I am not familiar with Zwilling tang stamps and age indication. Anyway, thanks for showing.

Kind regards
Abu

Here you'll see an overview of the Zwilling-logos - your knife shows thwe 1900 - 1969 logo, as it looks like. I know, this isn't a real step forward ... :D

... J.A.Henckels single blade lockback folder with stag handle.
My guess would be early 20th century. ...

Henckels' sales catalogs from the 1920s and 1930s are illustrating such Twins trade marks.

A 1929 J.A. Henckels sales catalog is illustrating such one bladed knife pattern with straight handle contour, ref. # 6561 with a minor difference:
the back of the handle is showing up a slightly curved part 'below' the back lock.

Regards
cut

Thanks Cut, :)
Apparently this knife once belonged to a German WW1 soldier, but it's of course like Bernard Levine always says: "buy the knife, not the story".

This is how it currently looks btw.
The pins holding the knife together were worn to a point that the opened knife resembled a baby's rattler, so i'm in the process of making new ones (~2,6 mm) from a similar malleable steel like the old ones were.
The 2,5 mm drill bits just hold the parts together for the pics.

Back