Tomahawk von Stu Willis

rfindigo

Mitglied
Und hier noch eine Anschaffung der letzten Wochen...
Ein kleines, süßes Tomahawk von Stuart Willis. :super:

Das Teil ist sehr schön verarbeitet und sehr gut ausbalanciert.
Wie schon im ersten Satz erwähnt, ist das Hawk recht klein und leicht. Am Anfang dachte ich noch, "Mann, ist das winzig" aber je länger man es in der Hand hält und damit rumspielt umso mehr erkennt man auch warum. Das Teil ist sehr führig und schnell.

Hier mal die original Beschreibung von Stu dazu:
This frontier style spike tomahawk was forged and initialed by me S.Willis from a 16 oz U.S. made ball peen hammer. It has a good feel and is well balanced. The O.A.L. of the head is 7 inches. The blade width is 2 1/4 inches The spike is a tapered square grind with a groove filed around the bottom. The length is 3 3/8 inches from the center of the haft eye. I use the differential method of heat treating. The head has been lightly aged and I have done some file work on the leading edge of the head. The haft is handmade from a piece of American Black Walnut and has been dyed a medium brown. A traditional oil and beeswax coating was then applied. The end cap on the head end was taken from an old wagon wheel hub band. The haft length is 18 9/16 inches. The end cap has been lightly aged. This hawk was made to be used or decorative.

So, wenn das wird es jetzt hoffentlich auch erstmal mit den Neuanschaffungen sein! Bald ist meine Werkstatt wieder vereint und ich habe mehr Zeit auch mal wieder selber was zu machen! :super:

Grüße,
rfindigo

Noch ein paar Bilder von Stu:

Attachments

• Willis Tomahawk 01.jpg
    Willis Tomahawk 01.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 181
  • Willis Tomahawk 02.jpg
    Willis Tomahawk 02.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 159
  • Willis Tomahawk 03.jpg
    Willis Tomahawk 03.jpg