Tracker

Schanz Juergen

Premium Mitglied gewerblich
da ich interesse hätte nen tracker-messer zu machen ("original" nach dem herrn beck) wollte ich mal gerne den urheber des designs fragen - weiss jemand wer das ist?

Hallo Jürgen,

ja, Tom Brown hat das "Tracker"-Design erfunden, und die Rechte für den Bau liegen, soweit ich weis, bei TOPS Knives.
Ich kenne Tom Brown leider nicht persönlich, glaube aber das ein Nachbau, wenn man höflich nachfragt, kein Problem sein dürfte. ;)

Das stand am 24.06.05 im Bladeforum (von Mr. Beck persönlich):

Just to bring you into the light as I'm sure there are many who are still blinded by the smoke screen produced by some in order to boost their knife sales. The knife used in the film WAS NOT a TOPS tracker. The TOPS tracker is a knock-off of the movie knife that was produced to take advantage of the marketing opportunity. In fact the TOPS version wasn't even available during the time of filming.
The real knives used in "the Hunted" movie were my model "C" TRACKER knives which I designed & have been making since 1989 for students of Tom Browns' school. The prop knives were crafted from my design by another.

My knives were never designed for combat as I feel the blade design doesn't perform well for that purpose, although during my time with the school they were used as combative training aids for both civilian & elete military students during advanced classes.
These knives were designed as task specific tools for primitive wilderness survival use.
I must stress not for all survival conditions but for specific tool making tasks critical for wilderness sustinance.

It has been a thrill to see some of my work make it into a film as it has been seeing the efforts of other makers crafting their own versions. The Tracker knife is surely a unique design that is a challence to make to get it to perform properly & is certain to bring criticism by many but they are an enjoyment to craft & use. Although I don't frequent these forums often, I love to occasionally read both the good & bad criticism members post as I'm sure other respectable makers do regarding their work. It all assists makers (myself included) to better ideas & produce nicer products.

David R. Beck, Knifesmith (siehe Bild)

Zur Zeit baut auch ein gewisser Roger Linger das Tracker.

Da mir das Messer immer schon gut gefallen hat, würde mich ein Tracker Messer von Dir wirklich interessieren. Vielleicht würdest ja gerne zwei "Tracker" machen :D

Hoffe dir weitergeholfen zu haben.

Grüße aus Tirol, Richard

Attachments

• Beck knives.jpg
    Beck knives.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 443
Last edited:
@ bonemachine - t.b. hab ich angemailt, bis jetzt leider keine antwort.
@ richard - gerne, wenn ich das ok vom designer bekomme, laut dem post ist das design aber von beck?? - hast du da eine mailadresse?? seine webseite gibts ja nicht mehr...

Back