Relentless Knifes oder DMC Originals ... Erfahrungen ??

AGUIRRE

Mitglied
hat einer von Euch schon irgendwelche Erfahrungen mit diesen Messern?

Last edited:
Hallo Aquirre

Da MUSS ich mich natürlich melden....

Ich habe ein Rattlesnake-Bowie aus D2 und ein Aviator aus L6. Die Messer habe ich zwar noch nicht praktisch gebraucht, ich werde es aber bei Gelegenheit testen. Verarbeitung ist sehr gut, grundsolide! Es gibt zwar kleine Schönheitsfehler, ich sehe die Messer aber als "Heavy Duty" und deshalb achte ich mehr auf Stabilität und Form.

Das Preis/Leistungsverhältnis ist auf jeden Fall 1A!!!

Gruss

Grizzly

relentlessknive said:

A reference in Germany is Klaus Wilke. He has some of my knives and is a member of this forum.

Hi Dan,

that's me :p

I am proud to know such a kind knifemaker like you :super:

Best regards

Klaus

PS: your starting date in the forum was the birthday of my daugther - isn't it funny :p

Klaus;

Hi, and Thanks Again for Your invitation to Your forum. It makes me very proud to be here, and I will do all that I can to make it a pleasant experience. Your friendship is highly valued, and please wish your daughter a belated Happy Birthday. My daughter is Sept. born.

I suppose I should give a bit of background information about myself and my knives.

I am 52 years old and live and work in a remote area of the Great Smokey Mountains, in Western North Carolina USA. Before becoming a knife maker, I was a Policeman in a Large Northern City, for aprox 20 years, the last ten on the warrant squad.. In 1996 my career was abruptly ended through no fault of my own, unscrupulous politics etc. left me to look for a new home as well as employment. I always liked knives and guns and had once done some part time gun smith work. I decided that I might be able to make knives. This was the start of a journey into knife making that can really only be fully understood by those that take the path. I am self schooled, I do all processes in house, as well as photography, web master,computer tech etc. and my knives are available exclusively on **** since 1999.
When one looks at a knife, it appears a simple tool, yet making one that looks and functions perfectly is a constant challenge.
My background in Police work lead me toward making knives that were valuable as weapons as well as cutting tools, the police world taught me first hand that sometimes, circumstances put peoples lives at risk. Failure of the weapon or tool in the hand at that moment can be devastating. I am also a knife thrower, and have abused every knife I have ever owned. The one that would cut and survive the rigors of knife throwing were what I considered a good knife.
I decided to specialize in military combat knives, and went about interviewing soldiers and policemen to find out what they wanted in a knife.
My study found that most active military men stretch the meaning of knife to shovel, crow bar, spear, ax, probe, fork, spoon etc. etc. They want a tool that does not break easily, and is easy to sharpen quickly.

In knife making terms, Zone tempered, with RC58 on the cutting edge works great with hand forging even better.

Most Policemen reported using the knife only as a backup last ditch weapon, as well as a cutting and prying tool, with unbreakable the main concern.

All of my Relentless models are made with the military in mind. This gives you a knife that is as flexible as possible in a variety of ways, so you return from your mission with the knife intact and ready for the next, no matter what you encounter.

Perhaps this is getting a bit long, so I will sum it up with a letter I received from a customer who won a knife auctioned on ****.
Thanks for Your time and Interest.
Best Regards
to All
Dan Certo
----- Original Message -----
To: relentlessknives
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 10:24 AM
Subject: M1 H knife

This is my first relentless knife and I can't wait to get it. Is this the same M1 H knife I saw on your web page as new for 2004? The one on the site has a full handle. Are there diff. versions? Anyway, thanks for your time and I hope the knife stands up to it's reputation. It looks like you work very hard on your trade.
Thanks,
Randy Furrer

relentlessknives <dmc@relentlessknives.com> wrote:

Randy: Hi, and Thanks for Your purchase. Yes the M1 H is the one on my website, with slight variations. Each of my knives is completely handmade, so there are slight differences in each. The full or bikini handles are offered on all of my Relentless models. My website will be revised hopefully by the end of Jan 2005 with a bit more in depth info on this and the other models.
Will your knife stand up to it's reputation....? Well, that's for you to decide, and let me know. All of my Relentless models are made with the military in mind. This gives you a knife that is as flexible as possible in a variety of ways, so you return from your mission with the knife intact and ready for the next, no matter what you encounter. This can get a bit tricky as you might imagine, and that's why there are different models etc. All in all your getting the best possible knife I can make considering time and price. A great all around knife that resists breakage even with repeated throwing, and or lateral forces (handles excepted ), has reasonable edge holding ability with easy sharpening, fits the hand well with gloves or not, can be easily made into a spear, or rope anchor etc.,and at a price most of today's individual military might afford. Give it a work out, with out reserve and let me know what you think. You have a LIFE TIME replacement warranty against breakage except for extreme abuse....i.e. it will melt if you place it near a burning phosphorus grenade or repeatedly pound the handles with a ten pound sledge etc. etc.
Thanks Again
Best Regards
Happy Holidays
Dan Certo

:hmpf: :hmpf:

Back