Now...about my absence...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daywalker

Mitglied
Aloha All!

Been a long time...too long. I hope all of you have been well.

As for me, let's just say that the ending of last year was...not so good. To keep it brief, in the later part of 2009, a facility here on the Big Island closed down, thus enabling the CO's from there to come to my "Hell". However, our union and such did this in a way that the Labor Board have found violations in the process of sending the CO's from the closed facility to ours. We had a few vacant positions they could fill, but our weak arse Director proceeded to bump out CO's in my Hell to accomidate the CO's from the facility that closed before filling all vacant positions statewide...which would have been the right way to do things. I have nothing against the CO's coming down from the closed facility, but cripes...I still dunno why we are getting raped for it. A lot of CO's that I have been in SHTF moments have left everything to go and work off island, and I still do not know if I will have a job until all this is settled...

In August, I broke my right hand pretty good...but I still reported for duty and no...I did not go to a doctor because I knew my hand would have to be casted. Going out on TDI, or being found unfit for duty was something I could not afford to go through. I used some liniment from the Dragon Tiger Kung Fu Center (Thanks SSifu Miller!) to get the swelling down, as well as a brace and wraps to "heal" my hand. To show what a chicken sh*t outfit I work in, I almost got written up for wearing a brace and gloves in Hell because, "It won't look good if you have to take down an inmate wearing gloves that have knuckle protection (Hatch Reactor) and a brace!" WTF..?

Then in November I caught of all things: Chicken Pox! That totally sucked, and my doctor was totally freaking me out because a politician had died from catching "cp" at a later age. However, she died from catching pneumonia...something to worry about when old folks like me catch "cp". After my doctor told me about this, I had to go for a chest x-ray and blood tests. Man alive, if I did not hear from the x-ray tech, "Eh...you know that "so&so" died from dis, ah?". Then when I went for my blood test right after, the lab tech says, "Didn't someone die from this because they caught it late?"
Great. I have since healed up, but man if it doesn't look like I took a direct shot from a 14 gauge in the face and torso! Ah well...I'm still alive, but I tell ya...I was fortunate to to have the "itchys"...but I was walking around running a fever of 104.7+ and the body aches were pretty friggin' irritating...

In the beginning of this year, I lost one of our cats. She got hit by a car and she was like one of my best friends. She acted more dog than cat. One day going to Hell, I saw a little head peep out from the passenger side fender weld of our car, and heard a tiny "meow". I was like, "Hey! Who the heck are you lil' one? Come here!" and she came bouncing out. I named her Tiggy (short for Tigger) because she was literally "bouncing around" happily...we became very close, and to this day, I will freely admit that I sometimes cry like a b*tch when I sit by her grave marked with a concrete Japanese temple...All the outdoor strays know it as, "Tiggy's Temple". She was such a character...

Anyway, now I am trying to get some debt relief because I missed a few CC payments and they are calling my house and job like crazy. I swear, I never missed payments prior to missing work due to my broken hand and pox episode...but these bastards act as if I never made a payment at all over the years I have been dealing with them! Cripes...

I just wanted to say that I will be back again soon on the forums, and I also wanted to thank you all for your support. I have really missed you all, and hope to see you guys soon. Until then though, stay safe and God bless!

PS: My apologies to all of you whom I have not yet responded to via email or here on the forums...

Hi Chad,
man that sounds awful. Im my mind Hawaii always comes in like a paradise. And then You tell us this. Hop you soon get back on your feet and become all healthy. God Bless and greetings from a deeply frozen europe. shiver!
arno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back