Antique Puma Medici "Stiletto" knives

autoknife

Mitglied
After seeing Cut's post on the Puma knives I thouht I would share some old "Stiletto", and "Medici Stiletto" models I have been collecting. These three are all unsharpened and in like new condition. It would seem that the knives with just "Stiletto" on the bottom bolster would be the oldest, but I was told by a German collector that the models without the model number "563" on the rear tang are 1958 or earlier. My model with just "Stiletto" has the "563" markings and would be newer if the information I was told was correct.

If anybody has some in like new condition they would like to sell please email me at autoknife@neo.rr.com

I have enclosed both front and back pictures of each knife that shows the tang markings.
medicistiletto001ahy4.jpg

medicistiletto001bvv6.jpg

medicistiletto002ajg9.jpg

medicistiletto002btp2.jpg

medicistiletto003ajw4.jpg

medicistiletto003bbd1.jpg

Puma STILETTO - MEDICI

autoknife,
your information obviously are correct.
This photo shows on the right hand side the smaller pattern for comparison purpose along with the ebony handled one - which to my my researches was -for limited time- the only option to genuine stag horn.
PumaStiletto_Medicicut2008.jpg

vom PUMA Stiletto ... zum MEDICI, rechts die nur kurze Zeit lieferbaren Ausführungen einer verkleinerten Variante und daneben mit (schwarzen) Ebenholz-Griffschalen.
Grüße
cut

Hello Cut! Is it possible that the one on the far right is black micarta instead of ebony wood? I have heard that a small number of different models were made in black micarta and the Medici in black micarta models were made in 1991 & 1992.

Last edited:
Hello Cut,
I was wrong about the year that the black micarta scaled Medici models were made. According to a knowledgeable collector in the US they were made in 1991 and 1992. I just traded a good friend for one that is new in the box with all paperwork and Rockwell hardness sticker, along with the original sales receipt and if he read the numbers to me correctly it is a 1992 vintage. I'll post pictures when it arrives.

Last edited:
Here's a group picture of my Medici knives. The black micarta model on the far right is a 1992 model. The next knife to the left is a 1984 stag model, and the next one is a pre 1964 stag model, and the last two are pre 1958 stag models.
medicigroupkd5.jpg

Last edited:
Hier mal auf Deutsch weiter:
Jüngste Erwerbung aus Cowboyland :cool:.
Datierung schätze ich auf maximal bis 1958. Stempelung auf hinterer Backe "Medici Stiletto", keine Modellnummer. Zustand mint. Bitte um Kommentare.
Gruß Frank

Attachments

• Medici.JPG
    Medici.JPG
    181.8 KB · Views: 414
  • Medici (1).jpg
    Medici (1).jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 478
  • Medici (2).JPG
    Medici (2).JPG
    169.8 KB · Views: 371
  • Medici (3).JPG
    Medici (3).JPG
    181.8 KB · Views: 270
  • Medici (4).JPG
    Medici (4).JPG
    180 KB · Views: 270
Hier mal auf Deutsch weiter:
Jüngste Erwerbung aus Cowboyland :cool:.
Datierung schätze ich auf maximal bis 1958. Stempelung auf hinterer Backe "Medici Stiletto", keine Modellnummer. Zustand mint. Bitte um Kommentare.
Gruß Frank
Very nice, I especially like the Puma pouch. I think pre 1958 too.

Back