Dork..ähh Dark Ops - das erste Review (oder: der neue SchrottLock)

TimM.

Mitglied
Hier klicken, um das Review auf TPI zu lesen.

Die Werbung...

The StratoFighters feature Dark Op's proprietary RaptorLok™, a self cleansing double talon locking system that uses the entire length of the knife to support the opened blade. Unlike modern unproven and complicated locking systems, this basic principles of this design have been tested for over fifty years. Dark Ops' secondary CrisisCross™ cross-bolt locking system serves the function of preventing the knife from being closed while open.

Die Realität...

Ian Wendt said:
When I first received this knife, I was forced to almost immediately send it back to the manufacturer. The reason for this was that the lock, despite its apparent strength and solid materials, would fail a spine whack with even moderate force.
I have a pretty standard office chair with plastic arm rests. Grasping the folder by the sides at the rear of the handle, I whacked the spine of the blade against the arm rest of my chair and the lock immediately failed. Even with the mechanical safety, the CrisisCross Cross-locking bolt in place, the blade failed to stay open.
This is a very serious failure.

Und nach der Reklamation schickt ihm Dark Ops eines, bei dem der Lock zwar hält, der "Haken" des Lock Back...äääh...RaptorLok™ aber auch so kurz ist, dass es nur eine Frage der Zeit/Verschmutzung ist, wann auch bei diesem Folder die Arretierung versagt.

Kosmetische Fehler, die bei einem Messer dieser Preisklasse eigentlich nicht auftreten sollten, lasse ich hier mal außer Acht...

Last edited:
Na hoffentlich bekommen das auch alle mit, dann ist Dark Ops keine wirkliche Konkurrenz zu Extrema Ratio...

Back