Traditionelle Messer aus Belgien und den Nederlands

stef

Mitglied
Hey guys,
I'm not german so I hope it's not a problem if I write in english. I'll include a translation too.

I'm doing a research for school and I need to know if there is a traditional knife from the Netherlands and Belgium. I've been researching this for a couple of days but I couldn't find anything on the internet.

For example, France has Opinel and laguiole, the Navaja for Spain...

I'm looking for a charactestic knife, a brand, a type of knife... from these 2 countries:
Nedelands
Belgium

Thanks,
Stef

-

Hey Jungs,
Ich bin nicht Deutsch und ich hoffe, es ist nicht ein Problem, wenn ich auf Englisch schreiben . Ich werde eine Übersetzung zu gehören .

Ich mache eine Forschung , und ich muss wissen, ob es ein traditionelles Messer aus den Niederlanden und Belgien. Ich habe die Erforschung dieser für ein paar Tage, aber ich konnte nicht alles auf dem Internet zu finden.

Zum Beispiel hat Frankreich Opinel und Laguiole, die Navaja für Spanien ...

Ich interessiere mich für eine charactestic Messer, eine Marke, ein Typ von Messer ... aus diesen 2 Ländern :
Nedelands
Belgien

danke,
Stef

The Netherlands always had been a naval oriented country. So the classic "Sailor's Knife" ("Matrosenmesser", "Taklermesser"), often carried with a Marlin Spike, may be interpreted as some kind of a traditional knife.

The multifunctional sailors (pocket) knife (CANIF DE LA MARINE - sheepfoot blade, awl, combined bottle and can opener) could be traditional but not unique (it was populuar elswehere too) . Such knives were produced by the Belgian pocket knife manufacturer COLASSE (closed in 1990) in Gembloux. Gembloux was the Belgian center of knife manufacture.

Thanks guys! I'll do further research based on your recommendations.

By the way, do you also know anything about traditional knives from Serbia and Romania?
I couldn't find anything online.

Guten Morgen!

Meines Wissens ist das "Lierenaar" ein typisches belgische Klapp- und Arbeitsmesser das im 18. Jahrhundert in der Nähe der Lier entstand.
Genaueres entnehme bitte dem Buch von Peter Nieb "Taschenmesser, von Unterbacken und Säbelskniep", erschienen bei epubli Verlagsgruppe Holtzbrinck.
Ab Seite 51 geht es um das o.g. Arbeitsmesser. Es ist gut erläutert und schwarz-weiß bebildert.
Ich hoffe ich konnte dir helfen.

Broesel

do you also know anything about traditional knives from Serbia and Romania?
The osmanic and turkish culture had a high influence on the balkan area for centurys. So the Yatagan/Jatagan was really popular there from the 18th up to the early 20th century. The balcanic people prefered the use of siver/tin on their grips/scabbards instead of gold/brass in the oriental areas. Knives with other types of blades with yatagan-linke grips were in common use also.

vgl.: Z. Faktor/M. Bousek, Messer und Dolche, Aventinum/Dausien, Prag/Hanau 1991, S.34ff

Last edited:
Back