Koa Gude Brotmesser

watercrawl

Mitglied
Hallo alle, mein Name ist Adam und ich bin ein Mitglied der Küche Subforen auf www.knifeforums.com. Ich habe oft stellen neue Griffe an Küchenmesser und wenn ich gebucht Bilder dieser ein, wurde erwähnt, dass ich sie veröffentlichen sollte über hier.

Mein Deutsch ist nicht, was es einmal war, so muß ich mit einem Übersetzer zu diesem Post machen Zuflucht. Ich hoffe, dass es okay aus.

Hier ist die ursprüngliche Beschreibung, die ich gepostet:

Hier ist eine Gude Brotmesser, dass ich ein Koa-Griff. Herausgekommen sind sehr nett. Die angewinkelten stärken und Knauf waren ein Problem, wenn auch mit viel. Die Nenox stärken und Knauf sind gewinkelt, wenn man sie sehen von der Seite, sind diese Winkel, wenn Sie das Messer von oben oder von unten betrachten. Made Einbau der Waage eine echte Herausforderung. Am Ende fühle ich mich wie ich die Gerechtigkeit nicht zu.

med_1252361247-DSC03218.JPG

med_1252361225-DSC03216.JPG

med_1252361196-DSC03211.JPG

Hi Adam!

It's probably better to write in English, since the translation isn't really readable...

Regards, Stephan

Hallo Adam,

sehr schön geworden, aber die Übersetzung ist grauenhaft.:(
Versuchs lieber in english oder übersetz es selber, dauert länger übt aber kolossal (ha, schweres Wort:steirer:).

Viele Grüße

Hilmar

Stupid translators...they never work right.

Here is what I wrote in English:

Hello everyone, my name is Adam and I am a member of the kitchen subforums on www.knifeforums.com. I often put new handles on kitchen knives, and when I posted pictures of this one, it was mentioned that I should publish it on here.

My German is not what it once was, so I used a translator to make this post. I hope it comes out okay.

Here are the original description, which I posted:

Here is a koa handled Gude. Came out pretty nice. The angled bolster and pommel were a PITA to deal with though. The Nenox bolster and pommel are angled if you look at them from the side....these are angled if you look at the knife from the top or bottom. Made fitting the scales a real challenge. In the end, I feel like I did justice to it.

I totally agree, it came out very nice.

Do you fit new handles out of comfort reasons as these jackets seem to have slightly more "belly" than the original ones or just to enhance the look?

Guess yours was a alpha "normal" series with the dull plastic jackets as I'd consider the wooden handles already very fine (especially the olive wood) and imo theres no need for improvement?

Again nice job. Congratulations.

Thanks for the compliments guys. :)

This knife is not mine. I started to rehandle knives some time ago and found it enjoyable, so I do it for others as a hobby. The members at www.knifeforums.com keep me busy rehandling their knives.

This knife was not the black handled version...however, I'm not sure if the original scales were olive wood, or some other light colored wood. I believe they make an oak handled version....but I'm not sure of that.

This knife was rehandled for both looks and comfort. The new handle fits in your hand a lot better than the old one. Plus, it looks really nice.

They do Olive wood scales which they claim to be selected 100-500 year old pieces of wood, oak of old wine casks (claimed to be 80 years and older) and a series with pear wood scales created since they are now "Preferred Supplier" of the "Jeunes Restaurateurs D'Europe". All of them are their Alpha Series (with the wood name added beneath) which is also available in black plastic instead of wood.

Their damaskus steel bread knife has fossilized desert ironwood scales, and those may be as beautiful as your work but they are still slim, all of them, so yor grips are at least in this point an improvement.

as for my part I prefer the brighter "old fashioned looking" olive or oak wood but hey, thats personal taste. You did a very good job to create a unique knife. I like how the wood grain spins around the back of the blade...

Das Messer gehoert mir und hatte im Original den Olivenholzgriff. Der ist zwar im Prinzip sehr schoen, aber ich lebe auf Hawaii und habe einige schoene Stuecke hawaiianisches Koa Holz, da schien mir das den 'Umbau' wert. Ich mache meine eigenen Griffe, aber beschraenke mich mangels Werkzeug auf die Variante fuer traditionelle Japanische Messer (sowas wie diese hier http://www.skeller.info/handles/gallery/displayimage.php?album=2&pos=7 ). Adam war so nett, mir den Griff an das Guede zu machen, und ich finde es nochmal um einiges schoener als das original.

Stefan

hallo adam and stefan
both of you did a very nice job.and the results of it are wonderful.:super::super::super:
congratulation
hano

Back